Year-Round/ School Year Program Staff
Thrive program staff are energetic, outdoorsy adults 19 or older who have previous experience leading children in faith-based group settings. Generally, program staff work 20+ hours per week Monday to Friday afternoons. Program staff start at $15.00-$18.00 per hour depending on qualifications, shared health benefits, professional development and staff retreats. Program leaders lead and mentor groups of school-age children in activities and out trips while ensuring the health and safety and personal development of their group also supporting the manager in program planning and indoor and outdoor facility maintenance.
- 19 years of age or older
- 20 hours or more of child-related training (willing to train the right person)
- Class 4 driver's license (or ability to obtain with our assistance)
- Emergency child or emergency community first aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Clear criminal record check
The ideal candidate love to be with children and see them grow, they will be skilled in and enjoy some of the following: swimming, sports, hiking, nature activities, arts and crafts, song leading and games.
Responsibilities include management and pastoral type care of an out of school care center, active program planning and implementation that fosters “THRIVE” values and philosophies, and not only meeting but exceeding the licensing requirements for licensed school-age childcare. Generally, managers work 40 hours per week. Management staff start at $18.00-$20.00 per hour depending on qualifications as well as health benefits, professional development and staff retreats.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Physically fit, able to run and carry children in case of an emergency as well as participate in outdoor sports and recreation such as hiking, biking and field sports
- Proven experience in leading children in recreational or educational groups settings
- 20 hours or more of child-related training
- Class 4 driver's license
- Food Safe Certificate
- Emergency child or emergency community first aid certificate
- Some level of Biblical training and or official discipleship training certificate. ie. YWAM DTS.
- Minimum 3-year commitment encouraged
*training and/or fees for these requirements may be provided by Thrive for the right candidateThe ideal candidate will have experience in working with both children and young adults in group settings. Passionate about involved personal leadership in active outdoorsy nature-based programming.
Executive Team Members
Help support the growth and development of THRIVE across Canada. Office Admin, finance, marketing, executive assistants, startups, centre support, tech development, training, program development, design and publishing, fund development etc. Dream with us about how you might fit into our growth team needs!
Early Childhood Educators
Thrive Kids Canada is opening their first nature-based program for three to five-year-olds but can’t get going until we have quality ECE managers and staff who can passionately lead missional, nature-based childcare that encourages exploration and year-round outdoor play.
This Full-time position will work 40 hours per week between the hours of 7am - 6pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility of the successful applicant’s personal schedule is required to ensure area needs are met.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent service by identifying and responding in a professional and timely manner to the needs and wants of children and parents/guardians.
- Plan and facilitate intentional, developmentally appropriate play-based learning activities. This includes engagement in active play indoors and outdoors, swimming and centre experiences.
- ECE Certification
- Experience working with Children aged 3 - 6 years in a licensed childcare setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including basic computer literacy
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification (renewed within the last year)
- Two professional references
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
The following are the general requirements for workers in our childcare centers, however, if you are passionate for Christian mission, love nature and working with kids we will train you!
If you feel like you are a good candidate for one of these jobs, please send us your resume (in PDF format) with the position you are applying for and your preferred location of employment to email@example.com
All positions available in Kelowna, Enderby and Salt Spring!