The following are the general requirements for workers in our childcare centers, however, if you are passionate for Christian mission, love nature and working with kids we will train you!
This is a summer position, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday from early June to the end of August with the possibility of staying on as a long-term after-school care leader in the Fall. $18/hr after training.
The ideal candidates are passionate for Christian mission and love to be with children and see them grow. Candidates will be skilled in and enjoy some of the following: swimming, sports, hiking, nature activities, arts and crafts, song leading and games.
Only resumes that show experience in working with groups of children in some capacity will be considered.
1. EXTRA NEEDS SUPPORT STAFF
Support children who require extra attention in order to be safe and succeed in a group camp setting due to physical, emotional, psychological, and/or other challenges such as language or hearing abilities.
2. LIFEGUARD/PROGRAM STAFF
Ensure safe waterfront activities and support program staff when away from water.
3. ACTIVITY DIRECTORS/PROGRAM STAFF
Help plan, prep, and run daily activities and activity groups.
- Have prior experience leading children in group settings
- Experiencing teaching kids in a faith-based setting such as Sunday school, Bible camp or VBS is an asset
- 20 hours or more of child-related training (willing to train the right person)
- Class 4 driver's license (or ability to obtain with our assistance)
- Emergency child or emergency community first aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)A clear criminal record check
- Valid class 5 drivers license and be willing to obtain class 4
- Lifeguard applicants must have current NLS
- Thrive staff don't just supervise; they actively engage in all activities with the children, so physical energy is a must!
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format with the position you are applying for and your preferred location of employment. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org