Use your EA or ECE education to help kids fall in love with Jesus! Work with public school kids in an evangelistic after-school care, where Thrive staff have complete freedom to share the gospel in our after-school care program serving public elementary school students
You will be working with school-aged kids in licensed after-school care, directing activities and mentoring children, with a focus on those who have extra needs. As an EA, you understand how to work with kids who have behavioural needs and will have the opportunity to bring those essential skills into the after-school environment as you work directly with school-aged kids.
The ideal candidates are passionate for Christian mission and love to be with children and see them grow. Candidates will be skilled in and enjoy some of the following: swimming, sports, hiking, nature activities, arts and crafts, song leading and games.
Openings for Program Directors in Enderby and Salt Spring Island. Join us in these remote mission fields! Directors training and support provided.
Seasonal and long-term Program Staff roles available in Kelowna, West Kelowna, Vernon, Enderby, Surrey and Salt Spring Island. Get first-hand experience ministering to kids and families in the community! Long-term positions available with an immediate start date.
Wage starting at $18-$20/hr, depending on education and relevant experience.
- Support children who require extra attention in order to be safe and succeed in a group camp setting due to physical, emotional, psychological, and/or other challenges such as language or hearing abilities.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent service by identifying and responding in a professional and timely manner to the needs and wants of children and parents/guardians.
- Plan and facilitate intentional, developmentally appropriate play-based learning activities. This includes engagement in active play indoors and outdoors, swimming and centre experiences.
- Help plan, prep, and run daily activities and activity groups.
- EA or ECE Certification (student or graduate)
- Experience working with children in group settings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level B or C Certification
- Two professional references
- A clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Have prior experience leading children in group settings
- Experiencing teaching kids in a faith-based setting such as Sunday school, Bible camp or VBS is an asset
- Class 4 driver's license (or ability to obtain with our assistance)
- Thrive staff don't just supervise; they actively engage in all activities with the children, so physical energy is a must!
Benefits for Long-Term Employees:
- Extended healthcare, including paramedical services, such as massage and chiropractic
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- 50% off first-child’s school-aged care*
*Must qualify for subsidy. 50% off parent-portion of regular after-school care fees.
Please send your resume in PDF format, with the position you are applying for and your preferred location of employment to email@example.com.