The following are the general requirements for workers in our childcare centers, however, if you are passionate for Christian mission, love nature and working with kids we will train you!
Program Staff Qualifications:
- Have prior experience leading children in group settings
- 20 hours or more of related training (willing to train the right person)
- Have valid first aid or willingness to obtain
- Consent to criminal record check
- MUST have a valid class 5 driver's license and be willing to obtain a class 4
- Lifeguard applicants must have a current NLS (min age 16)
- The province of BC mandates childcare staff be 19 years or older
Program Positions include:
1. Extra-Needs Support Staff
Support children who require extra attention in order to be safe and succeed in a group camp setting due to physical, emotional, psychological, and/or other challenges such as language or hearing abilities.
2. Lifeguard/Program Staff
Ensure safe waterfront activities and support program staff when away from water.
3. Program Staff
Help plan, prep, and run daily activities and activity groups.
Staff will also be skilled in and enjoy some of the following: Swimming, sports, hiking, arts and crafts, song leading and games! Thrive staff don't just supervise; they actively engage in all activities with the children, so physical energy is a must!
Please send your resume in PDF format, with the position you are applying for and your preferred location of employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.