Hiring Bonus of $100 to anyone who applies before August 16th and is hired!
Summer Program Staff /Lifeguards
Our faith-based, active & outdoorsy licensed day camps hire the following extra positions each summer.
1. Extra Needs Support Staff*
Support children who require extra attention in order to be safe and succeed in a group camp setting due to physical, emotional, psychological, and/or other challenges such as language or hearing abilities.
2. Program Staff/ Lifeguard
Ensure safe waterfront activities and support program staff when away from water.
3. Activity Directors/Program Staff*
Help plan, prep and run daily activities and activity groups.
- Have prior experience leading children in group settings
- 20 hours or more of related training (willing to train the right person)
- Have valid first aid or willingness to obtain
- Have a clear criminal record check
- MUST have a valid class 5 drivers license and be willing to obtain a class 4
- Lifeguard applicants must have a current NLS (min age 16)
- The province of BC mandates childcare staff be 19 years or older
Swimming, Sports, Hiking, Arts & Crafts, Song Leading & Games!
THRIVE staff don’t just supervise, they actively engage in all activities with the children so physical energy is a must!
Year-Round/ School Year Program Staff
- 19 years of age or older
- 20 hours or more of child-related training (willing to train the right person)
- Class 4 driver's license (or ability to obtain with our assistance)
- Emergency child or emergency community first aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Clear criminal record check
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Physically fit, able to run and carry children in case of an emergency as well as participate in outdoor sports and recreation such as hiking, biking and field sports
- Proven experience in leading children in recreational or educational groups settings
- 20 hours or more of child-related training
- Class 4 driver's license
- Food Safe Certificate
- Emergency child or emergency community first aid certificate
- Some level of Biblical training and or official discipleship training certificate. ie. YWAM DTS.
- Minimum 3-year commitment encouraged
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with both children and young adults in group settings. Passionate about involved personal leadership in active outdoorsy nature-based programming.
Executive Team Members
Help support the growth and development of THRIVE across Canada. Office Admin, finance, marketing, executive assistants, startups, centre support, tech development, training, program development, design and publishing, fund development etc. Dream with us about how you might fit into our growth team needs!
Early Childhood Educators
Thrive Kids Canada is opening their first nature-based program for three to five-year-olds but can’t get going until we have quality ECE managers and staff who can passionately lead missional, nature-based childcare that encourages exploration and year-round outdoor play.
This Full-time position will work 40 hours per week between the hours of 7am - 6pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility of the successful applicant’s personal schedule is required to ensure area needs are met.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent service by identifying and responding in a professional and timely manner to the needs and wants of children and parents/guardians.
- Plan and facilitate intentional, developmentally appropriate play-based learning activities. This includes engagement in active play indoors and outdoors, swimming and centre experiences.
- ECE Certification
- Experience working with Children aged 3 - 6 years in a licensed childcare setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including basic computer literacy
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification (renewed within the last year)
- Two professional references
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
The following are the general requirements for workers in our childcare centers, however, if you are passionate for Christian mission, love nature and working with kids we will train you!
If you feel like you are a good candidate for one of these jobs, please send us your resume (in PDF format) with the position you are applying for and your preferred location of employment to info.thrivekidscanada.caAll positions available in Kelowna, Enderby and Salt Spring and Prince George!